Whether you have kids on the way, elderly parents moving in or are just ready to upsize, moving is always a major hassle. Sometimes a simple renovation can be the most logistically and fiscally convenient option for you. Here are nine ideas for adding space to your home:
1. Add an addition: whether you need more room for guests to stay or another living space, adding a guest house or living area can sometimes be the perfect solution.
2. Finish the basement: the unfinished space in your basement can be a great place for an extra bedroom, living space or media room.
3. Add a bump out: if a little extra space in your kitchen, dining room or living room is what you are looking for, adding a bump out can be a minimally invasive way to add more space to your home.
4. Create an outdoor living space: the addition of outdoor seating, an outdoor table or a fire pit with a little landscaping can add the perfect new living space you have been looking for.
5. Add a second story balcony: a second story balcony can add a private outdoor living space that opens up and adds more light to the second floor of your home.
6. Convert the Attic: the unfinished attic you have can be the perfect space to transition into a playroom, media room or office.
7. Take down an interior wall: if the wall dividing your kitchen and dining room makes the space feel cramped, taking that wall down can do wonders to the feel of the space.
8. Repurpose a room: that room in your home that you never use can be repurposed to add new, fun and more comfortable living space.
9. Convert the garage: a garage has a lot of space that most people do not take full advantage of. Converting the garage to also include storage space can free up a lot of room in your home that you want to use for other purposes.